Edmunds Community Room


The Edmunds Community Room is named in honor of Edward Edmunds, Jr., an honorary lifetime director of the Foundation who died in 2001. The artwork of Doug West in this room was generously donated by the Edmunds family.

  • Available to groups of up to 15 for meetings, seminars, retreats and other gatherings. Groups may bring their own refreshments.
  • Please contact us to reserve the room.

Contact Us


Ed Edmunds 1921-2001


Ed Edmunds El Paso

Ed was born and raised in Weston, Mass where he attended both Elementary and High School. In 1938 he enrolled at MIT where he graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering in 1942.Following college, Ed joined the Army Air Corps as an Engineering Test Pilot. He was honorably discharged from the US Military in 1946 and began his business career with Davidson Chemical in Baltimore. It was there that Ed met the love of his life and lifelong partner Charlotte Cornish. Ed and Charlotte were married on September 11, 1948 in Charlotte’s hometown of Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Ed and Charlotte returned to Albuquerque in 1949 where they began their family and started Edmunds Chemical Company. Over the next 30 years Ed was active in multiple community activities and organizations. In 1969 with five children, a successful company and an opportunity to merge Edmunds Chemical with an El Paso based company and the name changed to SEC Corporation. The Edmunds Family then relocated to El Paso where his two daughters completed High School, Ed once became active in the community and the business continued to grow and expand. UGI Corporation acquired SEC in 1976 and Charlotte and Ed moved to Valley Forge, PA where Ed became President and one of the founders of AmeriGas, the largest propane marketer in the world.

Longing to return to the desert, Ed retired from AmeriGas in 1980 and returned with Charlotte to El Paso. Leighton Green, a close friend and frequent tennis partner introduced Ed to The El Paso Cancer Treatment Center. Ed served as a board member, officer and President of the board. When the CTC was sold in 1996, Ed and Leighton helped to put together the Rio Grande Cancer Foundation with the sale proceeds. Both men served on the RGCF board and as President of the same. He continued his strong support of the foundation and its activities until Alzheimer’s Disease took Ed from us on June 6, 2001. - Edward "Ted" Edmunds, III


Privacy Policy | Disclaimer

Do you want to be In The Know?

submit your email address to be included in our communications

Donate to RGCF

and help fund programs and services in our cancer community

Copyright © 2017 The Rio Grande Cancer Foundation. All Rights Reserved. Login

Designed & Developed by InRadius Systems.