June is National Cancer Survivor Month and the Rio Grande Cancer Foundation invites you to kick up your heels to celebrate all cancer survivors! While events are planned throughout the country, the RGCF will be hosting a special, “Give Cancer the Boot,” line dance party featuring local cancer survivors as they ‘boot scoot boogie’ at Cielo Vista Mall on Saturday June 3, from 12:00-2:00pm. Participants will learn the steps in advance from dance instructors and perform, dressed in their “Give Cance
Executive Director of the RGCF, Carol Bohle, believes that by celebrating cancer survivors, they offer encouragement to those who are currently going through a cancer journey. “The definition of a cancer survivor has been expanded in recent years to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer,” she said. “Despite the treatment outcome, a person is considered a survivor from the moment of diagnosis and for the rest of their lives. RGCF is excited to host this annual Survivor Event in our community for those living with, through and beyond cancer!” Visit www.rgcf.org or call 915-562-7660 for more information. This event is generously sponsored by Eli Lilly and Company, WellMed Charitable Foundation, Texas Oncology and Caboots.
There are three easy steps:
1. Register online here: https://bit.ly/3IdiFnW
2. Attend one or two rehearsals prior to the big day scheduled for Rehearsals
Tuesday, May 23 @ 2:00 to 3:00pm and Wednesday, May 24 @ 5:30 to 6:30pm at the RGCF offices, 616 N. Virginia 79902
3. Be ready to perform by 12pm on Saturday, June 3, as we celebrate National Cancer Survivor Day at Cielo Vista Mall along with other survivors!
Also at the event:
• Instructor-led line dancing
• Raffle Prizes
• Cancer Patient and Survivor Art
• Costume contest: wear the “Give Cancer the Boot” t-shirt we provide and go all out making it your own) for a pair of custom-made cowboy boots from Caboots