Call for 2018 Presenters
The Rio Grande Cancer Foundation
Survive & Thrive - RGCF Classroom Series
Please send proposals to the email address listed below:
The Rio Grande Cancer Foundation invites you to share your knowledge, ideas and experience in our educational series designed for cancer survivors, their supporters and health-minded individuals.
Learning objectives for our participates includes the ability to:
- Access community resources that are available to cancer patients and their extended families
- Understand the phases of cancer survivorship
- Take away a usable cancer survivorship plan
- Understand and embrace the importance of good nutrition and exercise in their cancer survivorship;
- Identity resources for psychosocial and counseling for survivorship issues
- Understand issues related to sexuality and intimacy in cancer survivorship
- Understand and manage pain in cancer survivorship
- Participate in a local cancer network of survivors helping survivors
- Be empowered to live beyond a cancer diagnosis toward a new, healthy normal
Programs should not exceed 2 hours in duration to include time for Q&A.
Presentations will be held at the Foundation classroom located at 616 N. Virginia, Suite D, El Paso Texas 79902.
We will keep the classroom size to 20-25 people and classes will be scheduled based on the availability of the presenter and participants preference.
Class time: View Schedule here.